When buying a home, many Buyer’s agents are treated as members of the family: they’re trusted implicitly. Many, perhaps most, do the right thing deal after deal. However, caution is the watchword when it comes to real estate agents.
The real estate community divides into white hats, described above, and black hats. Black hat real estate agents are those who circumvent the duties owed a client to close a transaction and make a commission.
Common complaints filed against real estate agents include:
- Failure to disclose negative circumstances, damage, or flaws of the property including but not limited to easements, shared utility agreements, CC&R’s, zoning regulations, and other material aspects of the property that diminish its use and value
- Misrepresentation of physical aspects of property
- Misrepresentation of property value
- Over-inflating or exaggerating property features
- Over-inflating or exaggerating a property’s value
This is not an exhaustive list of complaints.
Reduce the chance of being victimized by black hat real estate agents by accessing the legal solutions offered by Timely Contract®.
Timely Contract® Legal Solutions
- TC Review: Review of contracts or documents to which you’re committed.
- TC Drafting: Custom document drafting for a document as unique as your real estate transaction.
- TIER®: Basic legal due diligence regarding exceptions to title insurance.
- TIER Plus®: Customized legal due diligence regarding risks of federal, State, Tribal, or local rules, regulations, and laws.
Use Timely Contract to avoid common legal risks of the real estate transaction … and sleep better at night!
This posting is not legal advice. Legal advice is based on specific facts. This information is necessarily general in nature.