Frequently Asked Questions
Automation. Timely Contract gets you on the phone for a substantive conversation governed by the attorney-client privilege within 48 hours of order processing by automating many of the client-facing and back office tasks that make the processing of new legal matters onerous for the average law office:
- Timely Contract makes it easy for the client to choose the correct legal service by presenting legal services in their simplest form, something traditionally left to the discretion of an attorney during the client intake process.
- Timely Contract automates the acceptance of the Advance Fee Agreement governing the attorney-client relationship, something that traditionally takes a few days.
- Timely Contract's online payment processor collects an advance fee and electronically deposits it directly into the correct IOLTA account, something that can take up to a few days when done manually.
- Timely Contract attorneys are held to strict service level commitment standards for performance of each Timely Contract solution, keeping you in contract timeframes.
Getting you the information you need to make smart investing decisions is what Timely Contract is all about.
Yes. Our TC Review service does just that.
TC Review gets you on the phone with an attorney within 48 hours of order processing. Be clear about the goal of the review to keep the cost of the service as low as possible.
The lack of legal due diligence is the single biggest source of buyer's remorse amongst the small- to medium-sized investor. Performing legal due diligence reduces the risk that the use or enjoyment of the parcel won't meet your expectations. It also reduces the risk of legal blowback after the sale is completed.
Because legal risks are invisible, they are often overlooked during the stressful process of a buying a home or commercial property.
Yes. TC Drafting is the service recommended when making changes in ownership and terms.
Because deeds affect the ownership of real property, it is critical that deeds are drafted according to the public document record.
An advance fee is required from most clients to gain an attorney's commitment to do legal work.
Attorney's time is charged against the advance fee when earned. If the total cost of completing the legal matter is less than the advance fee, a refund is due the client. Alternatively, if the total cost of the legal matter is more than advance fee, the client owes the balance to the attorney.
TC Review, TC Drafting, TIER Plus: You will be scheduled to speak to a real estate attorney within 48 hours of the processing of the Order Request.
TIER: A preliminary title report will be ordered. Once received, you will be scheduled to speak to a real estate attorney within four business days.
Pricing depends on the in-network Timely Contract attorney. Attorneys in Los Angeles won't charge the same as attorneys in Alabama.
For information regarding your attorney's hourly rate and advance fee, follow the Advance Fee link located in the pop-up window identifying your in-network attorney during Order Request. Once you are on the phone with your attorney, ask approximately how much it might cost to get your legal work done.
Remember that some legal matters are easier to estimate than others. Each parcel is geographically unique, fact patterns are idiosyncratic, and client goals are seldom the same. These circumstances conspire to make it nearly impossible to predict exactly what a matter will cost. With that said, busy attorneys work to keep your legal bill down so they can get on to the next client.
Yes. If the lender is in doubt regarding the legal risks of a parcel, TIER® or TIER Plus® renders a legal opinion that can be relied to hold up to legal challenge.
Yes. Cash buyers don’t have the benefit of a lender's underwriting process, a process that can identify legal problems affecting title.
TIER® and TIER Plus® deliver legal opinions allowing cash buyers to become aware of invisible legal risks and circumstances of the parcel affecting not just title, but the use and enjoyment of a parcel as well.
Yes. There are two ways to get money back:
- Refund guarantee: Within 24 hours after your first attorney phone call, if you determine you are not in need of the Timely Contract service, a full refund will be issued no questions asked.
- Refund after services performed. If the total cost of your Timely Contract service is less than the Advance Fee, you receive a refund of the balance usually the next business day.
Licensing opportunities are available nationwide for experienced licensed attorneys. For information about becoming a Timely Contract Certified Licensee, click here and answer a few questions. Your inquiry will be responded to in a matter of days.