Frequently Asked Questions
Automation and application of Service Level Agreement timeframes. Timely Contract® gets you on the phone for a substantive conversation governed by the attorney-client privilege within 48 hours of order processing by automating many of the client-facing and back office tasks that make the processing of new legal matters onerous for the average law office:
- Timely Contract makes it easy for the client to choose the correct legal service by presenting legal services in their simplest form, something traditionally left to the discretion of an attorney during the client intake process.
- Timely Contract automates the acceptance of the Advance Fee Agreement governing the attorney-client relationship, something that traditionally takes a few days.
- Timely Contract's online payment processor collects an advance fee and electronically deposits it directly into the correct IOLTA account, something that can take up to a few days when done manually.
- Timely Contract attorneys are held to strict service level commitments for performance, keeping you in contract timeframes.
Timely Contract gets you the legal information you need to make better real estate decisions within contract timeframes.
Yes. Our TC Review service does just that.
TC Review gets you on the phone with an attorney within 48 hours of order processing. Be clear about the goal of the review to keep the cost of the service as low as possible.
Buyer beware. The lack of legal due diligence is the single biggest source of buyer's remorse amongst the small- to medium-sized investor. Performing legal due diligence reduces the risk that the use or enjoyment of the parcel won't meet your expectations. It also reduces the risk of legal blowback after the sale is completed.
Because legal risks are invisible, they are often overlooked during the stressful process of a buying a home or commercial property.
Yes. TC Drafting is the service recommended when making changes in ownership and terms.
Because deeds affect the ownership of real property, it is critical that deeds are drafted according to the public document record.
Yes. TIER® and TIER Plus® render a legal opinion that will hold up to legal challenge.
Yes. Cash buyers don’t have the benefit of a lender's underwriting process, a process that can identify legal problems affecting title.
TIER® and TIER Plus® deliver legal opinions allowing cash buyers to become aware of invisible legal risks and circumstances of the parcel affecting not just title, but the use and enjoyment of a parcel as well.
An advance against fees earned. An attorney's time is charged against the advance fee only when earned.
If the total cost of completing the legal matter is less than the advance fee, a refund is due the client. Alternatively, if the total cost of the legal matter is more than advance fee, the client owes the balance to the attorney.
Pricing depends on the in-network Timely Contract® attorney. For information regarding your attorney's hourly rate and advance fee, follow the advance fee link located in the pop-up window identifying your in-network attorney during Order Request.
After you have discussed the goals of your matter with your attorney, ask if they can estimate how much the service will cost. Some services are easier than others to estimate.
Yes. There are two ways to get advance fee back:
- Full refund guarantee: Within 24 hours after your first attorney phone call, if you determine you are not in need of the Timely Contract service, a full refund will be issued no questions asked.
- Partial refund after services performed. If the total cost of your Timely Contract service is less than the Advance Fee, you receive a refund of the balance usually the next business day.
Licensing opportunities are available on a non-exclusive basis for licensed real estate attorneys.
Click here for information. Your inquiry will be kept in the strictest of confidence.