Understand environmental, zoning, water rights, chain of title, and other invisible circumstances of a parcel that affect its use and enjoyment. Avoid legal landmines beyond those found at the County Recorder's office. Invest confidently knowing that you understand the value of the parcel.
What is TIER Plus?
TIER Plus delivers a TIER legal opinion and risk assessment, plus a customized legal evaluation and opinion addressing additional concerns beyond the County Recorder's documents.
How does it work?
Fill out a simple order request. Speak with your attorney to discuss the goals of your analysis. A preliminary title report will be ordered for your parcel. After all necessary supporting documents have been received, your attorney produces the TIER Plus analysis in ten business days. Finally, after reading your TIER Plus, speak with your attorney again to address questions you may have.
- Identify legal risks beyond exceptions documents found in a preliminary title report
- Establish a legal basis for intended use
- Substantiate market value
- Negotiate terms that facilitate intended use
- Negotiate price that reflects parcel attributes and conditions
Legal risks addressed by TIER Plus:
Other Parcel Attributes
- Environmental phase testing results
- Encroachments, boundary line disputes or agreements
- Illegal subdivisions
- Notice of lawsuit(s) pending (lis pendens)
- Pre-existing code violations
- UCC fixture encumbrances or other claims for secured interests in personal property
- Unbuildable parcels
How much does it cost?
Attorney internet rate: $200 per hour charged in six-minute increments.
Paralegal internet rate: $100 per hour charged in six-minute increments.
Costs to acquire necessary supporting documents are passed through at cost.
Advance Fee is $2000 per parcel. Fees for legal work are charged against the Advance Fee. If the Total Fee is less than the Advance Fee, a refund will be issued the next business day after the work is complete.
Have the following information handy:
- Name and contact information
- Legal description, parcel number, and/or street address of the Subject Property
- Goal(s) of the TIER Plus
- VISA, MasterCard, Discover information
Ordering should take less than five minutes.
What happens next?
1. First Attorney Phone Call. Receive an email scheduling a phone call from your attorney so you can discuss goals of the TIER Plus before starting the work.
2. Exceptions documents. When all exceptions documents have been received, you will receive an email listing the documents to be reviewed.
3. TIER Plus complete:
If the Total Fee is less than the Advance Fee, you will receive a TIER Plus Attached email scheduling a second phone call from your attorney, with your TIER Plus and invoice attached. Any refund due will be initiated the next business day.
If the Total Fee is more than the Advance Fee, you will receive a TIER Plus Complete email with your invoice attached. Once the balance owed is paid, you will receive a TIER Plus Attached email scheduling a second phone call from your attorney with your TIER Plus attached.
4. Second Attorney phone call. Your Attorney will call at the scheduled time to answer your questions.
Note: Eight (8) holidays are observed per year: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.